December 22, 2015

Judy ~ Done for Now!

Just a few more days and it really will be Christmas.  In fact, right now it's snowing great big wet flakes in our backyard! But all my projects are done, done, done. ( However, there's no rest for the weary around here as there are a couple of birthdays coming right up, too.) In the mean time though, it's time to kind of kick back and relax, whatever that means. A few packages are waiting to be wrapped and some cards to address, in case the relaxing gets old. Tee Hee!


I liked the first pair of these mitts so much that I did another pair in Malibrigo Rios and have decided I really like that yarn.  Recently I saw a pair of mittens from this pattern that had been embroidered in the area by the thumb and want to try that sometime using  a plain-colored yarn.  BTW, the free pattern is Maize and available on Ravelry. It's quick and easy.


This prayer shawl isn't a Christmas gift, but it's headed off to a friend who's having cancer surgery tomorrow.  I hope she knows how much we love her and wish her the best.  Beat wishes to all of you, too, for a very nice holiday. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I like that yarn on the mitts too, so very pretty! And a lovely shawl which I know will be appreciated.

cq4fun said...

The mitts are great - lovely color. I know your friend can't help but realize your love for her when she sees your beautiful work.