December 1, 2015

Angela ~ Homemade Slippers

Mom's feet swell terribly and because of poor circulation they are almost always cold as well as being painful.  She's tried all kinds of slippers and socks but they never fit right and cut into her skin.  So my latest project was to make some slippers.

I started with 3 black wool sweaters, a rough idea and dust tape forms of her feet...
....several days later.....
You can read the whole 'how to' article with pictures on my blog.

I'm happy to say they fit well and her feet stay toasty now!

6 comments:

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

You rock!! Great idea!

Barbara C said...

Brilliant job! Your instructions were very detailed and helpful.

ladyhawthorne said...

Thanks ladies! Barbara, thank you for your comment. I'm really trying to post more on my blog and since my most read posts are diy, I'm going that direction and posting more diy. Not sure where all this will take me but I am enjoying what I do best, making crafty stuff!

Judy S. said...

What a great idea. I'll bet your mom loves 'em!

Suztats said...

Now those are very Happy Feet! Great idea, Angela.

cq4fun said...

Another clever idea! I have a holey gray sweater I might have to use for this idea. Thanks for the link to your blog article.