December 15, 2015

Angela ~ Christmas Gift Project - Not Stitching

No knitting or stitching has been done this week, I've worked on Christmas presents!

The post on my blog today will give you all the particulars on how I made this collage.
You can click on it to see a larger image.

I have a nephew and his fiancee who are serving in the Air Force.  They have a photo wall of family members who also served in the military.  So this year his Christmas present is framed photos of my father who served during the Korean War, my paternal grandfather who served in WWI and my maternal grandmother (Nana) who worked in the government city of Oak Ridge, TN during WWII on the Manhattan Project aka the Atom Bomb.

The collage photo shows her in her guard's uniform and includes the pins she was given in recognition of her work.  The back has a pocket to store the copies of her certificates. 

4 comments:

cq4fun said...

That is such a great gift! I know it will be appreciated. How cool that you thought of it.

Judy S. said...

You have such great ideas! I am sure this will be a well-loved gift!

Moira said...

Great work on the gift. I'm sure it will be appreciated and displayed with pride.

Barbara C said...

How wonderful to pass along these special photos.