November 4, 2015

Suz: November is Here

We've had cold days, and now a couple days of nice, unseasonably warm weather, so I hope to be out in the gardens this afternoon.......Sorry I've been hit-and-miss lately with my posts, but health issues have been getting in my way.
I won't bore you with all the details but after a six month long autoimmune flare-up (that is still ongoing)  I had some testing done for food intolerances, and I now have a long list of foods I can no longer eat. It's my hope that taking all these foods out of my diet will result firstly in healing the flare-up, and then in improving my overall health. Although I have always cooked from scratch, finding recipes I can use is somewhat challenging.
But, there  has been some time for embroidery and knitting.
The shawl for my daughter is finished, except for the fringe
 Then I knit a simple scarf for my son-in-law which should go nicely with his blond hair and blue eyes.
On the needles is a cowl in a soft blue, also for my daughter. The yarn is a soft wool blend.

Wrapping cloth piece #16 has only had a bit of attention. I've begun a row of bullions on the lace edging, finished a row of french knots, and I'm also working on a buttonhole lace edging along the wild fabric.
There are plans for more buttonhole lace, and perhaps a dangly or two.
The wrapping cloth and other embroidery have been put in the sometime-stitching pile while I concentrate on creating a variety of Christmas gifts for our family who will be visiting over the holidays.


I hope you've had a creative week.

Hugs from Suz

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...


I'm so sorry you have not been well, hope the new diet works for you. But you have been busy and lots of folk will be glad of it!

Barbara C said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Your knitting projects look great, I hope they lift your spirits.

Moira said...

I'm sorry that you've been feeling so bad with the flare up of the medical issues. I hope the dietary changes really help calm and clear up the problems for you!

Have fun making the gifts.

Cyra said...

Great knitted gifts for your kinfolk. They are sure to be a winner with them.
Wrapping cloth #16 is coming on a treat. Lots of interesting 'bits' there.

desertskyquilts said...

Busy lady! I hope this removal of all the foods you like will make you healthier, at least. The knitted gifts are great looking. I like the color on your daughter's collar especially.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Hoping for healthier days soon, Suz!

Your wrapping cloth is looking especially good. I believe I recognize some pieces in there.