November 3, 2015

Susan: October Update

Ooops! I'm so forgetful lately! I meant to have this scheduled, half thought I had. Here are the seams I worked on last week:

  1. First, I finished Seam 55 and added 56. You can't really tell what is different about 55 without enlarging. It's just clear sparkly beads.


  2. Next, I added another seam on the other side. This one is one I've wanted to do a long time. I'm happy with the way it looks. It was on one of Ati's blocks from 2008 when she was working on a wool project. The photos don't show on her blog any longer, probably because of changes in Flickr, but I found it on her Flickr album. She's an amazing artist with needle and thread.

I've been working with floss for a while, and it was nice to get back to the lovely Sassa Lynne fine perle. I think perle works much better for CQ, but sometimes I need a color I only have in floss. Here's the whole block, so far. There are only a few seams and the corners left. Obviously, Ididn't finish by the end of October, but it's okay. There's only one block left after this one for my nine.  

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Very pretty! That side seam with the flowers is really special.

Cyra said...

Cool bananas. Loving this block so far. Great seam treatments again. Such inspiration.

Moira said...

Great work!

Suztats said...

I love the flowered seam treatment on the right! Undulating vines and plants are one of my faves. The middle seam on the left has lots of movement, too. It's all looking so good.

Barbara C said...

I also love those vertical embellishments. It looks lovely!

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Super block!!