I actually got to put some serious quilting time in over the last few days. Feels so nice. =)
First up was working on some flag blocks that were a UFO. The striped sections are made from pp'd pattern sections leftover from a quilt I made years ago for myself. They were to have been a piano key border, but while I did that border I didn't use the patterns. I've still got enough pattern sections for about 13 or 14 more flags.
These blocks will just be sashed and have a simple border. When finished the quilt will go to American Heroes for a veteran.
The second thing I've almost finished is a Christmas mug rug. The checkerboard section is made from the scraps from the striped sections of the flag blocks. Tree was free-handed. Buttons were used for the ornaments on the tree. I've used a dk green for the binding (sewn on but not down yet). This will be going in the mail this week to my swap partner in Australia.
Still have one more mug rug to make for another swap, but I haven't decided on a theme for it yet. It also needs to be done this week so I can finish off that swap package.
As for the block contest, I didn't win. =( This month's traditional block to play with is the Bow Tie block. Gonna have to think about that one to decide what I want to do with it. I am working on putting the pattern for the last one into my computer program so I can write up a pattern for it. And am thinking of putting the pattern up for sale on Craftsy.