November 17, 2015

Moira - Time to quilt!

I actually got to put some serious quilting time in over the last few days.   Feels so nice.  =)

First up was working on some flag blocks that were a UFO.   The striped sections are made from pp'd pattern sections leftover from a quilt I made years ago for myself.   They were to have been a piano key border, but while I did that border I didn't use the patterns.  I've still got enough pattern sections for about 13 or 14 more flags.  

These blocks will just be sashed and have a simple border.   When finished the quilt will go to American Heroes for a veteran.

The second thing I've almost finished is a Christmas mug rug.   The checkerboard section is made from the scraps from the striped sections of the flag blocks.  Tree was free-handed.   Buttons were used for the ornaments on the tree.   I've used a dk green for the binding (sewn on but not down yet).  This will be going in the mail this week to my swap partner in Australia.

Still have one more mug rug to make for another swap, but I haven't decided on a theme for it yet.   It also needs to be done this week so I can finish off that swap package.

As for the block contest, I didn't win. =(   This month's traditional block to play with is the Bow Tie block.   Gonna have to think about that one to decide what I want to do with it.   I am working on putting the pattern for the last one into my computer program so I can write up a pattern for it.   And am thinking of putting the pattern up for sale on Craftsy.

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I just love your American Heroes quilts, always a treat to see one. Cute mug rug too, glad you got to get back into quilting!

cq4fun said...

That's going to be a great AH quilt. I like the binding on the mug rug, just perfect for it.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Good idea to print your pattern for Craftsy.

Barbara C said...

Yes, very enterprising of you to sell your pattern.

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're settling in! And creating fun things in the process!

Suztats said...

It always feels good to create, and your quilt looks great. The mug rug is cute!

Moira said...

Thanks everyone! It truly does feel good to be able to quilt, sew and create again. =)