November 3, 2015

Moira - Slowly digging out.......

I'm still here......Am now in my 4th week of teaching.   Hard to believe that a month has almost gone by already.

I still haven't gotten any sewing done since the move tho because I've been digging out from all the boxes and trying to get stuff arranged here in the apt.

The two pics here give an idea of the mess of totes and boxes that I had to deal with in one room.




Have finally made it thru that room and found most of what I was looking for.  The spare room, which is where most of, but not all, of my stash resides is now arranged and usable.  Still have a bit of work to do in there but not a lot in that room.   Have finally gotten the BR also into usable shape.  Next up is getting the living room, hall and storage room straightened out.    

thankfully at this point I'm only missing 3 things that I know of - my backup laptop, a jump drive that has school stuff on it, and the tote of fabrics and blocks for the block contest that I'm participating in.  I do have an idea of where the laptop might be but have to take all the empty boxes to my storage unit first before I can check the car to see if I stuck in the hidey-hole in it.

Next up for me - I need to finish designing this months block for the block contest and get it made (and it would be nice if I could find where I put that tote for safe keeping as well so that I can use the fabric in it..........sigh.............).   And then up is cutting 6.5 inch swatches of my alphabet/eye spy fabrics (more than 100 different fabs) because I have at least one, maybe two buyers for them.   And then pulling coordinates for a couple of focus print fabs to make quilt kits which will be sold to a friend who is a brand new quilter.  (Gotta love getting people hooked on quilting!)






7 comments:

cq4fun said...

Wow, Moira, it looks like your whole apartment is boxes and totes! And you have stuff in a store room, too? I'm mind boggled, and I've seen it in reality before! I hope you find those fabrics, or there's someplace close-by to get some, or something else you can substitute for the fairy frost that's still a Michael Miller fabric.

ladyhawthorne said...

Reminds me of when I moved from a 3 bedroom house to a bedroom at Mom & Dad's 2 years ago. Ouch!

Cyra said...

Oh I can so sympathize with you Moira, I can't wait to get to the new place be reunited with all my fabrics and notions. The only difference is that I cannot unpack until I get a house, lol. Everything stays in the two shipping containers on our sections until we build or buy a house.
Good luck with finding your missing items. They will turn up when you least expect them too.

Moira said...

thankfully I've got the assortment that I won of fairy frosts.....and I do have some others here somewhere....lol. I just don't know where the blocks and the fabs I'd been using are. Hoping they are tucked away in the car.

And yes it does seem like my apt is completely filled with totes and boxes...but it is better than before!

Suztats said...

I remember how much of a mad house it was moving into our new-to-us smaller home: We had stuff from our old home, our cottage and my father's trailer to sort, organize, cull and set-up. We still have unpacked boxes and we've been here for almost 2 1/2 years. So I think you've done very well getting your new apartment organized, especially while working full time, too. Hope you find those missing items.

Barbara C said...

I agree that you've done an amazing job getting settled so far, especially since you're working. Those things you're looking for may be in the last box you check--that's what happened to me when I moved and couldn't find my cutting mat. I was just glad it didn't get lost in the move.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

I've yet to formally organize my bedroom storage room so you are ahead of me! I think you may have more fabric too!