November 3, 2015

Barbara's Socks


I'm surfacing from a busy work schedule to post some recently completed socks.  Thank goodness for knitting, which keeps me feeling creative even when I'm really vegging in front of the tv.  The pattern is a variation of Roza's Socks, but I substitute 3 x 3 ribbing for the pattern stitch.  This sock fits perfectly every time.  The yarn is Patons Kroy in Rusty Stripes.  Lining up the stripes perfectly so that the socks match is a personal obsession.


I recently ran across this DIY tutorial for sock blockers.  They're cut from a dollar store place mat.  You can't get thriftier than that, it it does the job nicely.

I miss you guys and I hope to resume posting more regularly.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty socks and the stripes are perfect! One day I'll teach myself to knit some, socks from the store cut off the circulation because of my fat legs and ankles.

Moira said...

Great looking socks! Love the color yarn you used for them.

Suztats said...

I love the stripes, and that's so clever to match the socks.

Cyra said...

I had to laugh at your 'obsession' with lining up the stripes, lol. It sure makes for a perfect pair of socks though. Love them.

desertskyquilts said...

And lovely socks they are, too. Even though the stripes match. =)

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Fun, fun, fun!