November 10, 2015

Angela ~ Craft Show Goodies and a Book

I'm about finished working on craft show goodies.  The latest were these I finished yesterday.
Made with pennies for all the local school sports fans.  It's a very small town and they are very into the sports here.
This is the logo.  I also have a few made into necklaces.
And I was busy repairing a very old book this past week...
It was in pieces and I put it back together and made a new spine for it.  There's a full explanation with lots of photos on my blog.

I'm still not sure what my next stitching project will be but I might try making some really warm socks, I found a pattern for tube socks that sounds fairly easy...if I can deal with working with double pointed needles.  We'll see.


9 comments:

cq4fun said...

Made from pennies? Copper pennies? It looks great, whatever kind of pennies those were. They should sell well! I'm going to have to go see your blog post on the book. I'm excited you could put it back together. Was that a commission?

Cyra said...

You started me off singing 'Pennies from Heaven' and now I can't get it out of my head, thanks!
Running out of time today but I shall pop over to your site sometime and see what you did with the book restoration.

Suztats said...

I, too, have a fear of working with double-sided needles, and with knitting socks. I may get over it one day.............the buckaroo pennies should do well, and great work on the book restoration.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

When is the show?

Judy S. said...

Wow! I wish you lived closer so I could have some help fixing a very very old family Bible. I'll have to check out your commentary instead!

ladyhawthorne said...

The book is part of my collection, not sure I would be confident of doing someone else's book. It's not for valuable books.

Debra the show is in a week & a half, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

ladyhawthorne said...

Judy, I'd be glad to help long distance. If the bible is valuable though you might want to go to a professional. They actually rebind books, what I did was a repair to be able to keep using it.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Good luck with your show Angela!

Barbara C said...

Yes, good luck with your show! I hope your pennies turn to lots of dollars. I'm also intrigued to see how you repair old books.