October 20, 2015

Suz: October Chill

It's been chilly out in the gardens, so I've been spending more time indoors. And, with the cooler weather comes the desire to knit........
These scarves are for my granddaughter, when she arrives in December.

I used the same pattern for both scarves. Isn't it funny how the look varies with a different yarn?










This is a shawl I'm knitting for my daughter. I love this bamboo yarn- it has a nice weight and drapes beautifully. Unfortunately, I'll run out when this shawl is finished......... :-(








Also on the needles are two more scarves. One is for DH, and the second is for our DSIL. Then I have some hats to knit, too.

Wrapping Cloth piece #15 is completed and on the board ready for damp stretching. #16 has been tacked, and I've added a row of tatted frill......

This shot from a different angle shows the height of the frill.

some lace added and a few Josephine Knots, and piece #16 needs lots more embroidery before it's finished.
I've been painting  and creating gifts, cards and tags for Christmas, so there hasn't been much embroidery happening.

I hope you've had a fun and creative week.
Hugs from Suz


2 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Busy busy! You got a lot accomplished, wish I could say the same.

Judy S. said...

You've been busy! I love the touches of color in your wrapping cloth, and of course, your stitching is wonderful.