October 27, 2015

Debra: Scrappy Table Runners

With Angela's help I was able to turn some scraps into table runners.  I hesitated about what to do with the finished strips; purses, totebags, quilt but decided table runners might be a good look for a table.  I'll be selling these in the retail location I have rented in a nearby town.  



5 Runners with a heavy mat batting (reclaimed from moving pads)
backed with reclaimed floral shower curtain



The Runners measure 18½" x 50" 

I actually like these quite a lot!

My partner and I finally had a good craft show last weekend.  I sold the last one of my embroidered skull aprons!  Note to those who might consider shows:  sign up for the ones that are exclusively art & craft shows; not the ones that have tons of other activities in conjunction.  Visitors have too many ways to spend their money & don't get down to the craft section. 

In other news, I'll be in the Janome booth at International Quilt Festival from Wednesday through Sunday.  I hope to visit with friends coming to the show and to make new friends (and by the way, sell some sewing machine feet!)  I'll be in the accessories section of the booth. 

And, the chef loved his coats and paid the following day after delivery.  Next up is a t-shirt quilt from a friend of Susan's.  This is the 2nd top she's sent me so that's always good to have repeat customers.  

Feeling positive!  

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Yay on the custom orders and the better craft fair! I really like these table runners, good call! And it's the right time of year for quilted warm accents.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Hope they sell!

Cyra said...

Well you are one busy, busy girl. Love how you are trying your hand at all venues to find the right ones for selling your stuff. You're doing a grand job there Debra, I don't know where you get you energy from.
Love those table runners btw.

Judy S. said...

Nice table runners; they should sell well! Sounds like your work is getting a reputation as well it should. You go girl!

cq4fun said...

I'm hoping that good show was the start of many more! You always have such novel ideas for reusing things. How exciting that the chef liked his aprons and paid right away. Hope that means some word of mouth adverts for you. Good luck at the Houston show. Will you have time to see the show, too? I hope so!