September 15, 2015

Suz: Some September Stitching

A little progress has been made on the Purple Project, and this block is almost finished:

a lace motif, french knots, and bullions have been added. Chain stitch with lazy daisies is in the works. There may be a bit more tweaking.........


Wrapping Cloth piece #15 looks the same as last week, but I haven't been idle.
I've been stitching petals onto some organza.........














My Mother-in-law's Tongue is in flower, with three floral spikes!
It obviously likes this south window that's shaded by a large maple tree.
a close-up of the middle flower spike.......it has quite an aroma, and the flowers are sticky. They drip little sticky drops..........



















I captured this gorgeous sunset the other night..........
I love the hints of purple in the clouds.







I hope your week has been a pleasant and creative one.

Hugs from Suz



 

4 comments:

Moira said...

Love the pics!

cq4fun said...

Mine put up one spike last year, but nothing this year. I'd never seen it bloom before, so it was exciting. It takes a long time to go from first spike growth to bloom! Very pretty, though. I like the petals piece. The purple is a little different from your usual, but it's very attractive. I like your thread choices and stitches.

ladyhawthorne said...

Well of course I love the purple block! and the petals on organza as well, I can tell they will have a special place.

I had no idea mother in law tongues bloomed! My Nana had one for decades and it never got bigger, never died and certainly never bloomed. For a long time I thought it was fake. lol.

Judy S. said...

Love that block! I never saw a MIL Tongue in bloom! That's a very interesting blossom! Like Angela, it never occurred to me that it even could bloom! Who knew?