September 1, 2015

Suz: Slipping into September

Happy September! We're having the hottest week of the summer--- so says the weatherman--a fitting end to the summer holidays as the children head back to school next week. My course with Karen is also finished.
Having company from Thursday to Sunday night meant there wasn't much time for stitching. I did, though, turn my wave pocket into a pouch with the addition of a zipper and a ribbon pull. I think it'll make a great little holder for a Christmas gift, or maybe a wee sewing pouch for road trips, or even a funky make-up bag.......

The Spiral piece is pinned in preparation for sewing. I found a zipper to match, but first must choose a lining fabric.
And Wrapping Cloth piece #14 is not quite finished. Buttonhole stitch has been used on all the seams, as well as the napkin edging, and along most of the napkin design. 
More buttonhole stitch edges the openwork and the seams of the hanky




















Here's how piece #14 looks. I need to secure the outside edges, remove the tacking stitches, and then damp stretch this piece. Then it will be time for piece #15!



I hope you've had a fun and creative week.

Hugs from Suz

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The wave pocket is wonderful, so much fun, as is the spiral piece.

cq4fun said...

The wave and the spiral are going to be great pouches/great gifts if you choose not to keep them. That was a lot of buttonhole stitching! How many wrapping pieces are you making? You've been working on #14 a long time!

Suztats said...

Right now, I have 7 more pieces cut and pinned, and awaiting stitching. Sometimes it can take a couple months for each piece ( I started making the wrapping cloth in 2013 ) so I'm 2/3 finished making the pieces. Soon I'll begin to stitch them together..........#14 has taken quite a while since I was: stitching for my granddaughter, sewing pj's for myself, creating the purple project CQ pieces, mentoring two online courses, having construction in the house for 5 months, planting the gardens, prepping different garden beds, helping our son and daughter-in-love pack for moving, battling an ulcerative colitis flare, working on Guild projects, creating a few gifts for friends, and taking a 14 week online course. whew! I was supposed to be writing a course, too, but that didn't happen.........gee, maybe this winter.... lol

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

I was just thinking that you've been working on this wrapping cloth a long time. Still as impressive as always.

Barbara C said...

I think it's a great idea that you made zippered bags of the first two pieces. I'm sure they'll be enjoyed lots that way.

Cyra said...

You may be having the hottest week of your summer, we are having the wettest week of our winter (and the sun even shines a couple hours each day). We've had a new stream appear cutting across the corner of the orchard and tumbling down the 'jungle abyss'.
Great projects here again Suz. Nice to see the wave pocket in its final form, great idea to give it (and the spiral one) a functional use like that.
Wrapping cloth is lovely. So many many buttonholes, wow.

Judy S. said...

Whew! You have been BUSY! Creating beautiful things, too. Nice work.