September 8, 2015

Suz: CQing & WIPs

It's still hot, although the students return to school today. The high humidity makes it difficult to work in the gardens, so I've been doing a bit of stitching, instead.
WC piece #14 is finished and damp stretching.

Stitching has begun on piece #15
a wee pocket, edged in buttonhole stitch and decorated with some lace
 two more pockets......
another large pocket opens underneath the wee pocket, all edged in buttonhole stitch
bullion loop beginnings
 I like seeing the colour from the wee pocket pop through the open work on this hanky
ready for more titivations




















The Purple Project is underway with a bit of wrapping with a fancy thread
colourful cast-on stitch chains
a bit of stitch to enhance the flowers
and block #1 so far




Other than a bit of stitch on the secret project, that's my stitching progress for this week.


I hope your week has been a creative one.

Hugs from Suz


 

5 comments:

Cyra said...

Pockets here, and pockets there. Love them everywhere.
A great block on the Purple Project. Looking forward to seeing that one develop.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy!

Debra Dixon said...

Almost makes me want to hand embroider again!

ladyhawthorne said...

The pockets are definitely fun! As is the color peeking through.
What can I say except purple is my favorite color!

Judy S. said...

Love the purple blocks! And you know I love the wrap also.