September 15, 2015

Moira - Yippee

Just looked at the final numbers on the vote count and after falling behind last night by about 10 votes  (had led all day), my block ended up 3 votes ahead of the one that I'd been "dueling" with.

I'm waiting for official word on the results but if the numbers are good, then I've won.   Prize will be a complete FQ set of one of Michael Millers fabric lines and a thread assortment from Superiour threads.   All total worth about $150.  =)

Am also making progress on the doll carraige cover redo.   Almost have the top done - just need to do final finishing work on the sides.   Bottom pieces are cut out and ready to sew together.   They wanted this fully lined with the same fabric as the outside so it is going together a lot easier than it could have.      Thankfully it should not take long to put the bottom together.  What could get a little fussy is figuring out where to "notch" the bottom to fit around the support for the top and the handle.

Making progress on the packing as well.   Two rooms are done, or almost done.  Only thing left in my bedroom to pack are the clothes in my closet for work.   Will use a big box for those.  Next up are the piles of fabric in the living room - those just go into boxes and will get labeled "Assorted Fabrics".  lol......  then comes the kitchen.   Trying to not think about the sewing room.......


4 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

That's a great fabric for the doll carriage. Didn't the one you took off show where the notches should go? Luckily some of your sewing room has not been unpacked! Did you find someone to help load the truck when the time comes?

ladyhawthorne said...

Ugh, I hate moving and have said I'm never doing that again, fingers crossed.

The doll carriage is looking pretty spiffy already!

Suztats said...

Love the fabric for the carriage cover and Yay! (fingers crossed) on the win. Whenever I move, I find stuff I forgot I had........ ;-)

Judy S. said...

That doll carriage is going to be amazing! Nice work. Good luck on the move; it's a big job.