September 22, 2015

Judy~Finis!

A couple more projects are off the needles just in time to be hand delivered. This matches up with a smaller version that was finished for Cousin Stella a while ago. The ruffles are a different color, and it has kitty buttons instead of a dog. Sure hope it fits!


Strangely my last several projects have involved the feather and fan stitch pattern.  I just finished this Nami cowl; the pattern came with a Bento Box kit from Jimmy Beans yarn.  It included 15 yards of 12 different Berroco yarns, and I liked the sample of Briza so much that I ordered enough for a sweater.  Hope to finish it in time for winter. (This one!) It intrigued me how the two ends fit perfectly together, and I've got my fingers crossed that it will go well with DD's winter coat. This pattern would be perfect for using up odds and ends of yarn, so I need to remember that!



Speaking of cowls, fall has definitely come to our part of the world.  Not only are there shorter days and all sorts of spiders everywhere, we are now finding giant toadstools that seem to appear over night. 


My little gnome approves.


And this tiny fairy left me a note saying, "Get going on those winter projects!"  I guess it IS time, isn't it?  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

That's some lovely knitting and of course I love the purple cowl. You must have grade A soil for shrooms that large to pop up!

cq4fun said...

The Nami cowl is interesting, great color variations. Always good to hear from the fairies.

Cyra said...

Love that knitted dress Judy, and a cozy comfortable cowl too.
The gnomes and fairies of the world must have their say.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

What a sweet dress! I would rock that in an adult size!

Barbara C said...

Your cowl is gorgeous, and I like the idea of using small bits of yarn to knit one up. You must live in fairy land! Those mushroom pictures are magical!

Suztats said...

The knitted dress is adorable! Love the cowl, too. We have rings of toadstools in the backyard, but not as large as yours. It's always wise to pay attention to fairies.............. ;-)