September 1, 2015

Judy~ Late Again.

Haven't done too much this week as we've been busy with other things, including helping a friend who's recovering from shoulder surgery. Poor thing can't use her right arm for 6 weeks or so, including no driving.  You can see some of what we've been up to on my blog, including this sock which is a bit bigger now.It's taken me two other tries to find yarn for the Undine KAL. I finally dove into my stash of leftovers and will be holding my breath until it's done.  I also decided to make the socks as written.  We'll see whether I like them this way or not and whether there is enough yarn.


Hope you've all had a great stitching week.  We finally had rain, but it came with a big windstorm, the worst they say since 2006.  We weren't affected (just lots of leaves and pine needles to rake up), but some folks were still without power until today.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty colors in that sock and the texture looks wonderful. I'm so glad your friend had you there to help her, it's very frustrating to not be able to do things.

Cyra said...

Oh I really do envy your friend for having you to help her in her weeks of need. I was once in her position (twice actually - once on each shoulder). It's a long and depressing journey getting to know your new limits. I wish her well.
Love that sock yarn.

Suztats said...

I hope your friend recovers soon from her surgery; you are a good friend to help her through this. I love how the sock is looking with the variegated yarn.

Barbara C said...

Very pretty socks! We got some of that rain and wind too, the garden was very greatful..

cq4fun said...

That's a pretty combination. Here's hoping you have enough of everything!

Judy S. said...

Did you recognize the green yarn, Susan?