September 8, 2015

Debra: Reclaimed Denim Skull Apron

I just finished sewing this custom apron for an artist in Canada.  She wanted a very reclaimed look and I am tickled I was able to pull it off for her.  I especially like the 2 waist pockets.  It's lined with a nice cotton that features circles with similar colors as the sugar skulls.





In other news, Geico called Friday with news that they are repairing my Corvette.  In the meantime I am driving a Nissan Murano.  If someone gave me one, I wouldn't refuse it; but it's not my vehicle of choice.  I'm a single woman not a soccer mom!  

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Great apron, I do like those sugar skulls. Glad you are getting the vette back soon.

Cyra said...

Love the apron, love the denim, love the skulls (I have no idea what 'sugar skulls' are).
Great news about the 'vette'.

Debra Dixon said...

Here's a pretty basic bit of info about sugar skulls:

http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoosgeneralinfo/a/dayofthedead.htm

Suztats said...

Great apron, Debra! It's wonderful that you're getting so many custom orders. Yay the corvette will be fixed!

Judy S. said...

Good news about your car! Nice apron. Did you recycle jeans for it?

Debra Dixon said...

Yes, recycled jeans.