September 8, 2015

CQJP2015: September Seams

I am only making 9 blocks this year because I fell too far behind and catching up wasn't happening, so this is now my September block, not July! I have 3 seams done from Saturday:


I'm quite happy with ⬆️ this seam, which follows the lines in the fabric, and the beads I found to go on it. This is just doodling, based on the fabric design. The corner is based on a shape on a Staedtler General Purpose Professional Template - you know the kind. There are squares and stars and arrows, triangles, circles and hexagons, plus a protractor on one end. And it's green. This shape intrigued me, so I traced it, then echoed it, then put another echo inside. I think it needs something more, but I haven't quite decided what yet.


I'm mad about this seam! It's a combination of two of Valerie Bothell's Joyful Embellishments, #150 and #161. It was such fun to do, and I love the way it looks.

That's it for this week! 3 corners and 6 seams to go!

6 comments:

Suztats said...

I like your adaption! And the corner shape looks very organic. Seam 1 is very funky. I like that.

Suztats said...

*adaptation*

Debra Dixon said...

Looks like a lot of stitchers have enjoyed Valerie's stitches this year. Yours looks very nice!

ladyhawthorne said...

I love your doodling, they always come out so great. Very playful!

Cyra said...

Fabulous seam and corner additions. Love that Staedtler template design - very creative.

Judy S. said...

It's always fun to see your pretty stitching!