September 1, 2015

Barbara's X and Plus Quilt


I've gone back to work for the new school year, so I'll be returning to my spotty pattern of posting.  In the meantime, I've started a fun quilt using the popular X and Plus block.  I've gone through my scraps and stash and I'm using some bright clear colors and black and white.  I'm also incorporating some text prints I've recently collected.  I look forward to sitting down and fussy cutting and sewing a couple of blocks when I have a bit of free time.


The dimensions I'm using:  The center piece is 2" x 5", and the small squares are all 2", including the squares that are halved for form triangles.  The black and white corner squares are 3.5".

Here's a few of my favorite blocks so far:




I finished my Diamonds quilt, and it's bound and waiting for cooler weather.


I used every inch of the fleece remnant I picked for the back.  I had to add a small strip of coordinating cotton to cover the printed selvage edge.


7 comments:

Moira said...

What fun blocks in the new quilt you've started! It's look
ing great so far.

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Pure Barbara Style!

ladyhawthorne said...

The x & plus quilt is super! I love co-ordinating fabrics for the plus.

Cyra said...

What a fabulous way to use your feature prints, I absolutely LOVE how you arranged the fabrics and colours within the blocks. Pure design genius I would say.

Suztats said...

Your x & + quilt is striking! What patience to cut all those small pieces, but the result is fabulous. Your diamond quilt looks great, too.

cq4fun said...

I like your x and + blocks - such fun to fussy cut, I bet! Nice to have a finish, too! That's going to be warm and cozy.

Judy S. said...

Love it! Hard to believe summer's about done although we are so glad to have some rain, finally.