September 22, 2015

Barbara's Snowball Project


A friend of mine just became a grandmother, so I decided to knit a little sweater for the new baby.  The pattern, The Garter Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel, is available free on Ravelry.  It's a great, straightforward pattern, made fancy by some lady bug buttons that I think came from Debra. 

But then I started think, don't I have some lady bug fabric?


Sure enough, I did.


This adorable Reversible Sundress, pattern by Sew Baby, which I bought at JoAnn Fabrics,  sews up really easily.  The dress and lining are each one pattern piece, and the bloomers are made from 2 pieces.  It sews up in an hour or so.


The sweater is now an outfit.  Sometimes projects develop a life of their own and snowball into something a bit bigger than expected.  But I knew I was saving that lady bug fabric for a reason.

6 comments:

Debra Lynn Dixon said...

Oh My Goodness! Is that adorable or what?

Barbara C said...

I love making stuff for babies. It's almost instant gratification.

desertskyquilts said...

How absolutely adorable those are! The cutest outfit ever!

ladyhawthorne said...

Too cute! That will be one lucky little baby.

Cyra said...

Yes, so very adorable. What a fabulous set for a new baby. Love how projects develop into something very special like this.

Suztats said...

What a cutie-pie baby will be in this outfit! Adorable.