August 25, 2015

Suz: August Ending.......

As August ends, I'm still working on wrapping Cloth piece #14, edging the hanky with buttonhole lace. I added some cross-stitch on the left side, and need to finish securing all the pocket openings, as well as the fabric layers.





















I added more stitching to the Spirals Pocket.

 Then I began to add a copper look with pale orange floss and a metallic thread. I'm not sure how much more I'll add with the faux copper, but I can't stop at two.





I'm on the last row of the third copper spiral. I'm contemplating whether or not I need to add more spirals in a medium green.
Since I plan to add copper elements to this pouch, I think I need to shape it first, lay the elements on the surface, and then decide if more stitching is needed.
What do you think?



I've been working on a secret project, but I can't show any photos. At least not yet................

My e-course with Karen Ruane ends this coming Sunday. I know I'm going to miss it.

I hope you'll have some creative time to play this week. Thanks.
Hugs from Suz










 

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I love the spirals and an odd number is always better than an even number.

Cyra said...

Fabulous stitcheries. Love all aspects of them. Such fun.
The scrolls are looking so good, three copper scrolls is good, and personally I would add more of the mid/light blue scrolls, but I'm rather partial to blue.

cq4fun said...

There are so many charming layers in your wrapping cloth. I think your plan to shape the pouch first is a good idea.

Judy S. said...

It's always fun to see what you are working on, Suz. You are SO creative! Me, I didn't even manage a post this week, but I do have a couple of finishes.