August 18, 2015

Moira.....and the Merry-Go-Round goes on

At least that's what it feels as I work a consistent 3 jobs here.   Ugh....not thrilled to be working so much, but really really really need some of these bills paid off so that I don't have to do this anymore.

Did get a little bit of sewing done this past weekend - made more of the red/white striped block sections, for  a total of 10 completed.   Pulled red strips for 8 more blocks and found a blue w/white stars to use for the rest of the block.     Used 4 of teh striped sections to make completed blocks and am liking how they look so far.   Now if I could only figure out I want to set them.....lol.......  Eventually there will be about 30-33 blocks completed and in the final top.   This quilt will be going to American Heros when the top is complete.

Did also get travel arrangements made for the trip to Rawlins WY so I can see what the town looks like.   Hoping to have a job offer in hand either before I leave there or shortly after I get back out here.  (They would not make an offer w/o me heading out there to see the place first because it is a very rural little town about 2 to 3.5 hrs from everything major.)

Only other thing I've managed to do this past week is get a bunch of FQ's ready to sell, (pics done and bundled) but have not got them listed yet.

And nope my block did not win the contest for last month.   Came in a distant second.

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I love the bright patriotic colors. I've worked 2 jobs before but never 3, do you get time to sleep?

desertskyquilts said...

But second is good, even if distant! There was a lot of stiff competition there. These blocks are looking great. I look forward to seeing what your setting becomes. And hearing you have a job offer. =) October is a lovely time to move.

Suztats said...

The blocks look great, but I'm surprised you had any time at all to sew! 3 jobs? ugh! I've worked 2 before and that was plenty.
Sorry your block didn't win. Second place is still pretty good, though. Sure hope you like Rawlins and get that job offer!

Judy S. said...

Hope the job offer comes through and is a good one! Love the patriotic blocks; they'll be a wonderful QOV. Second place is great!