August 4, 2015

Moira - two blocks done

I managed to get the sample contest block made, the pattern tweaked and then the final submission made and entered this last week.

Original pattern had 96 pieces of fabric in, 8 sections - 4 of which have inset seams.    Final block has 84 pieces in it.

The RWB one was my test block.   The teal and cream one was the one submitted for the contest.  All fabrics are Fairy Frost fabrics (one of the requirements of the contest).

Final block name is Flying in Circles.   Contest name is "old blocks made new" and you take the specified traditional block (in this case flying geese) and make it into a modern block.

Voting for the winner of this months prize package starts next week.   Would it be ok if I post a link to for those that would like to vote for my block here?

7 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

Well, I want that link! I love both blocks, and its interesting how different they look with and without the center, as well as in different colors. Best of luck!

ladyhawthorne said...

Please do post the link, you worked hard to make that block and deserve all the votes you can get. Great job!

Suztats said...

Do please post the link--I have some voting to do! I really like the teal and cream one. Neat variation.

Cyra said...

Me too, I want the link. That teal block is a winner for sure. Congratulations on your design. It's the loveliest block I have seen for a long while.

Moira said...

Thanks everyone for your complements! They are truly appreciated.

I'll post the link for voting in next weeks msg. =) Your votes will be much appreciated as I aim towards getting to the end contest (after winning a few along teh way!) which has a great prize package worth over $4000. =)

Barbara C said...

You definitely have my vote. Your precision piecing is impressive, and the blocks are beautiful.

Judy S. said...

Count me in on the voting, too. Your blocks are truly amazing!