August 11, 2015

Moira - Running Late Today

I'm here, but today is one of those days when all I seem to do is running late with getting things done.  
Voting did finally start for the block contest today.   Of course there were little minor problems like no where does it state that you have to have a facebook acct to vote........so I ended up writing them an email about and got an answer back with an email address people who aren't on FB can use to vote for the block.  The line to vote is - http://modernquilts.mqumag.com/challenge/ .   My block is the first one on top of page 5.

Anyone who votes for me will be greatly appreciated!

In other news, lots has been going on here this past week.   Had a phone interview for a teaching position in Rawling Wyoming.   Will be flying out there the 27th-29th to see the town and meet the director in person.   Will be flying into Denver and then driving up (a 3.5 hr drive, and yup that's the closest major airport......).  

Cut out 10 more scrub tops and have fabric for at least 11 more yet to cut.   Need to start sewing on them.  Have started working on some quilt blocks as well  Am using up pp'd patterns that weren't used when I made the quilt that is on my bed yrs ago.

Am using scrap strips of various reds and WOW's for this section.  the sections are 8.5 inches by 10.5" unfinished.   Thinking at this point I'll find a blue w/stars on it to put with it.   Not sure how i'll set them together yet either.

Off to bed now so I can get up and to school on time tomorrow.


7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The red & white with blue should be a stunner. I voted for you! And shared to facebook. All the blocks were nice but if I were looking for one I could replicate for a quilt, I would definitely choose yours.

Suztats said...

I voted, too! Wishing you well in the competition.
Blue and stars would be great with the red and white. That's a lot of scrubs to sew.......

Barbara C said...

I voted for your block. Good luck in the contest and in your job interview.

Moira said...

Thanks everyone for the votes! Interview was last week and it went well. The trip out there is so that I can see what the place is like before hopefully them making me an offer. =)

Judy S. said...

I just now voted, too. Have a safe trip! There's lots to see in and near WY!
Enjoy, and good luck!

Cyra said...

You have some beautiful reds in your stash. Good luck with the job offer and trip. I'm off to cast my vote now.

cq4fun said...

I'm imagining the blue down the side of the r/w stripes so I think it will be wonderful, but if it's something else, it will be wonderful, too, 'cause I know how you are. =) You know how I voted. =)