August 25, 2015

Angela ~ No Cross Stitch, But I've Been Busy...

... helping Debra Dixon by making some pieced strips from scrap fabric.  She'll be making quilts with them, putting plain strips between them and adding borders.
So I take random pieces from this box (which was packed full when it came) and sew them to a base fabric that is 6" x 50", looking somewhat like a Chinese coin strip when completed.
And pile the leftover in this basket.  I made 14 strips for her so far.  But I mailed them before I thought to take a photo:-( 

On an up note, for those of you interested in the family scandal, I wrote a post on my blog about it.

3 comments:

Suztats said...

Sounds like you've been stitching up a storm. I read about the scandal. Gee, in many places it probably wouldn't raise an eyebrow today.........but it well might have been a juicy bit of gossip back then.

Cyra said...

It sounds like a well oiled production line to produce these stitched pieces. Great work, well done on your collaboration with Debra.

Judy S. said...

So nice of you to help Debra! Amazing what a little bit of searching family history turns up, isn't it?