July 14, 2015

Suz: Mid-July

Wow, July is almost half over. Where did it go?
I've been working on my Wave piece:

left side
















 left side of wild abandon vs structured right side






right side progress









more added to the right side

there are a few more sections to fill












There's been a bit of progress on the Doodle Heart, too, but still a ways to go........

lots more Josephine Knots to tat, and french knots to add. I may decide to make a fancy picot fringe with the coloured thread to wrap around the heart.



That's all the stitching to show for this week. I hope you've had some fun stitching, too.

Hugs from Suz
 



 

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

The wave piece is certainly giving you an outlet for creativity. Too fun.

cq4fun said...

It seems like a lot of lovely stitching to me! I do like the wave, but the Josephine knots fascinate me.

Cyra said...

These are looking great. Love, love, love the wave piece. It 'speaks' to me.

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone.
Cyra, it probably brings to mind your wonderful book and under the sea creations.

Judy S. said...

You a definitely a pro at those Josephine knots! Looks like you're having lots of fun with your needles.

Barbara C said...

Your heart has a lovely whimsical feel, and "wave" definitely calls up sea foam with the embellishments.

Moira said...

the wave piece looks great and it sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it. =)