July 7, 2015

Suz- July Jumbles

I have a jumble of projects on the go to keep me busy. I found a book at the second-hand store of Persian stencils, so they've been leading me down a wandering doodle path. One of the stencils looked like a wave (or a ribbon). Strung together, the waves turned into rolling water I painted, on a cotton napkin, using irridescent fabric paints.
 You can see where I added a bit of water to the paint to help it flow......it spread a little

I added an outline to the waves with a turquoise sharpie





I began to add some fibers for a little wave action on the left side of the fabric.





Contemplating wild abandon regarding the fibers versus a more structured look, I decided to begin a structured stitching on the right side of the fabric. Not much progress so far, so no photo yet.






At the second-hand shop, I also found a large, cotton tablecloth, which had a subtle clover design. I grabbed my micron pens and followed the pattern, then cut out a piece to stitch.
This may become a new pocket.











On wrapping Cloth piece #13, I created three interlocking cutwork circles, adding french knots and bullions. Beneath the open work is a layer of lace, and under that is a piece of my wild fabric peeking through the holes.


Progress on piece #13


I then added a double layer of tatting, using the fancy picot stitch. It creates a nice, layered frill.



That's what I've been doing during the last few days of hot and humid weather.

I hope you've been having some stitching fun, too.

Hugs from Suz

5 comments:

cq4fun said...

ALL of those are so interesting in such different ways. You are a multi-talented wonder. I like what you did on every single one, and I'll look forward to seeing your waves with more stitching down the road a bit.

Moira said...

I love seeing what you make from other, found items. Grat ideas for me to think about!

Judy S. said...

What a bunch of fun projects. Love the wrapping cloth, and that pocket is a super idea.

ladyhawthorne said...

Those waves look fun and the color is gorgeous. I like the clover as well, looking forward to seeing that. Such clever things you come up with for the wrapping cloth.

Barbara C said...

The wave pattern is beautiful, I'm excited to see how it looks stitched.