July 21, 2015

Suz: July Joys

There is joy in spending a hot July afternoon in the pursuit of creativity with needle and thread. Here's what I've been doing the past week:

All the Josephine Knot cascades have been tatted for my Heart Pocket. I just need to secure them and add the coloured french knots on the left side.



Two new FME (machine embroidery) lace pieces were created for a new CQ project. The first has snippets of a purple flower pattern on white, and purple organza added. The base is white organza. The thread is a variegated purple.

The second lace piece  uses the same thread and purple organza snippets on a turquoise organza base. These lace pieces are fun to do.

There is more progress on my Waves piece, and I hope to have all the waves completed by next week.
 Wrapping Cloth piece #13  received a little attention, too, with buttonhole lace
a fancy frill added to the cutwork

 fancy frill added to the side of  this pocket

and buttonhole lace added to the edges of three pockets
  Now, piece #13 is finished!


On to piece #14


My desk was piled with fabrics for the new CQ piece.

The first block is ready for titivations.















 These wee tatted flowers were tucked into an envelope, and are on their way to Australia. I hope DGD Jewel likes them.


The weatherman is predicting another hot and humid week, so maybe I'll get more stitching done!

Hope you've had a fun and creative week.

Hugs from Suz

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

Wow, what a lot you've been doing! I love your fabrics and that first block. I can't imagine you had time to do anything this week except what's shown in this post - not even sleep.

ladyhawthorne said...

I think the hot weather is exactly why I had more time this week too. Looks like you got a lot more done than I did though.
The lace is really pretty and your fabric choices are all my favorite colors.
The waves are fantastic! And I really like the part of the wrapping cloth in the 1st picture of the button? thingy.

Judy S. said...

You've been amazingly busy! I love all of your creations!

Suztats said...

Angela that's just a piece of lace formed into a circle. I added buttonhole lace to one end, then a buttonhole leg on one side. It's a bit weird, isn't it? But I like it. ;-)

Cyra said...

I have only one thing to say to you Suz - I want to come and play at your house (but I may never leave again).

Suztats said...

Anytime, Cyra!! ;-)