July 7, 2015

Judy~Home Again with Finishes and a Future Needlewoman

We've been back home from our family reunion in CA almost a week and have just about caught up on everything that didn't get done while we were gone. We had a wonderful time, and since I wasn't allowed in the kitchen, several knitting projects were finished!!!


I'm not telling when I started these, but the pattern is Patina and the yarn is Lorna's Laces in the color Shorewood (my high school but our color was red and gray). I love the pattern so much I've already started another pair. Maybe I'll finish sooner, but don't hold your breath!


I also finished a prayer shawl for our niece, figuring she could use it as a cover-up while nursing Ben, even though it's too hot to wear it now. I also wanted her to know she was in my thoughts the whole time I was knitting it. Hopefully knowing how much people care will help ease her pain in losing little Alex.


This is one of my favorite photos from our time away.  Sophia and I had some stitching time together, using another Hoop-a-Loops kit.  She didn't  finish it, but we'll work on it again the next time we're together. She's getting quite good with the needle and has the straight stitch mastered!  If you know a child who wants to learn to embroider, check out these kits. They are great.

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

Lovely finishes, Judy. I hope the healing has begun for your niece, but I know it has to be so hard to go through what she has. I love the picture of Sophia. Those kits are so convenient, and so good for building confidence. I liked having everything needed right in the kit.

Moira said...

Lovely finishes Judy! And how fun to be teaching Sophia to do needlework.

Suztats said...

I love the colour and pattern of those socks. Yay for stitching with Sophia, and encouraging another embroiderer!
Judy that's a lovely prayer shawl you created for your niece. May she know how much she is loved every time she uses it, and may it bring her comfort in her sorrow.

ladyhawthorne said...

Beautiful socks and shawl, you do such lovely knitted work. How fun to teach a little one to embroider, I remember my Nana teaching me to cross stitch at about age 4 or 5.

Barbara C said...

Sophia looks so grown up, wasn't it just yesterday that she was a baby? Your projects are lovely, you're a great stitching role model for the next generation.

Judy S. said...

Cannot believe it, but Sophia will be 8 next month! How time does fly!