July 21, 2015

Judy~Busy Needles!~On Time for Once-----

This past week I've made a real effort to put in some stitching time, and it's paid off.  The Amish Alphabet is coming along. (And I'm realizing my eyes aren't what they used to be; either that or 18 count Aida cloth is smaller than ever!)



Sorry that it's crooked, but, I finished the letter B and its birdhouse as well as the extras on A, L, P, U, and X, and am a little more than half way done.  It's about time! 


This fun project is on the home stretch.  The yarn is Universal Cotton Batik, the color, "cotton candy".  The pattern, Elise Dress, can be foundhere along with a photo of the finished dress.   I am on the third ruched section which is a good thing as the recipient's birthday is getting closer every day!


Yesterday's heat (95, which is hot for us) forced this beauty to finally open, and voila! Another thing that could be called "cotton candy;" the odd thing is that the package said it would be white!?  Not too much else to report for now.  Have a great stitching week!

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Your alphabet is coming along nicely, and I do like the cotton candy dress. I used to have that stargazer lilly in my garden at the lake house, until the !@#$ critters ate them all..........

cq4fun said...

Wow, you are going so fast on that alphabet. It looks great!

ladyhawthorne said...

I love the theme on the alphabet and how the dress matches your lily!

Cyra said...

A lovely lot of stitching at your place this week Judy.
Haha love the 'U' is for Upside-down.