July 28, 2015

Judy ~ Ta Da! Two Finishes

I finally finished a small quilt that was started a very long time ago and quilted by a friend last summer.  It's a design by Lynette Anderson, and I learned the hard way that when you print out a pattern it's not always the correct size. That I found out after all the stitching was done, and I started putting it together.  So with a bit of pattern modification, the piecing was completed and my friend quilted it for me.  I really don't enjoy binding quilts and tend to procrastinate that detail.  Well, a certain young lady asked me to embroider something for her birthday, and, bingo!  I knew just the thing.  It's done early, no less, and I hope she will like it.





The dress for the other little August birthday girl is also finished.  I measured her yesterday, and it should fit for a while.


 Now, to get back to the Amish alphabet!  Have a great week!

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

That's a beautiful quilt and a lovely knitted dress, lucky are those that receive them!

Cyra said...

That is most certainly a beautiful Noah's Ark quilt. It came together well after your size adjustments to the blocks. Such cute animals.
Love the ruffle dress. Pretty yarn.

desertskyquilts said...

That's a Lynette Anderson pattern I haven't seen. Looks great!

Judy S. said...

In case you want to check out the Noah's Ark pattern, here's the link: http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/lynette_anderson_designs/noahs-ark-bom.html The pattern was part of a BOM and is now for sale.

Barbara C said...

What a charming quilt: your blocks are very nicely featured and the back is perfect.