July 7, 2015

Barbara's Scrap Quilt


While sorting through my supplies, I realized that I have a lot of scraps.  The scrap drawer was getting hard to close because it was so full.  I looked through various books and magazines, searching for the right pattern, and found Four Squares on the Quilter's Cache website.   The instructions are precise and clear, and I took a cue from the pattern and used up some of my blue and green scraps for the bigger pieces, and yellow, white and gold for the smaller pieces.


I've made a lot of headway so far.  Each block is 12" finished, which is a nice size for other projects as well.  I've been thinking these would make nice hot pads.  I actually had to go buy more yellow fabric for this project, but I'm using up lots of blues and greens and I like the scrappy look.  I think this will keep me busy for awhile.

8 comments:

cq4fun said...

That's a GREAT scrap pattern! I love the way it's coming together on the design wall. Are you making it bedsized?

Moira said...

Looks great! Definitely a fun scrap quilt.

Suztats said...

I like the diagonal line of the white and yellow squares. A neat way to use up your scraps!

ladyhawthorne said...

I love old fashioned scrap quilts and this is definitely a winner. It's neat that it has 2 different blocks.

Judy S. said...

Nice! I love the way you've used the diagonal 4-square blocks. Do you machine or hand quilt?

Barbara C said...

I'm aiming for about 60 x 70 inches for the quilt. Lately, Debra does my machine quilting, I haven't hand quilting anything for quite awhile.

Jeanne said...

Looks great! I love scrap quilts.

Cyra said...

This is a fabulous scrappy quilt Barbara, love the diagonal. A great block pattern find, well done, an I'm looking forward to seeing this grow.