July 14, 2015

Barbara's Scrap Quilt Update


I'm almost done piecing the blocks for this scrap quilt.  I'm at the fun stage where, when I add a new block, I play with the composition of the overall quilt.  I'm thinking about borders, but at 60 x 70 inches, I'm not sure I want to make this quilt much bigger.  I'm loving playing in the scrap pile and I'm seriously thinking about making another one of these Four Square block quilts in another colorway. 

I'm posting reviews of free knitting patterns on my blog on Fridays (Free Pattern Friday).  Check it out if you want some knitting ideas.

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...


Boy, it's coming together fast!

Cyra said...

Barbara it's beautiful. I can see the appeal of this type of quilt. You are a speedy worker.

Suztats said...

You're so quick Barbara. I bet this type of quilt really eats away at one's stash. It looks great.

Judy S. said...

Very nice. It fascinates me how yellow just pops right out there. Love the way it emphasizes the four-block diagonal.

cq4fun said...

It certainly looks great! If you have more scraps, make more quilts. =)

Moira said...

Looks great! And I second Susan's comment - make more quilts with your remaining scraps. =)

Moira said...

Looks great! And I second Susan's comment - make more quilts with your remaining scraps. =)