June 30, 2015

Suz: Rainy Days

We've been having rainy days lately, so I've not spent much time in the gardens......That means more time for stitching fun!
Pocket number 2 is underway with a bit more titivation:
Since the tatted Josephine Knot cascades were too heavy-looking for the light Broderie Anglais, I auditioned possible additions to the heart















I decided on the coloured, bullion spirals inside the heart. A tatted cascade of white will outline the heart. Each flower in the cascade is anchored with a french knot in the coloured thread.


I think this is a softer look........









more Josephine Knot cascades pinned in place...

I'm sewing for my granddaughter. This pattern is for a long nightgown, but I think it would make a pretty dress, too.

I opted to leave out the elastic in the sleeves.......

a close up of the bodice .....

I just need to finish the button closure at the neck (back)

I tried something new--- french seams! It really finishes the seams off nicely, and I think I'll use them for the other nightgowns and dresses I plan to make for Jewel.

That's all the stitching for this week. Hope you've had a fun and creative week.
Hugs from Suz




4 comments:

cq4fun said...

Definitely a cute nightgown - or dress! Lucky Jewel. I love what you decided on for the swirls for the heart. Really great thread colors.

Cyra said...

A lovely subtle effect for the soft heart.
Nice bright colour on the nightdress but it's not overpowering at all. Sweet dreams will be had when she wears it.

ladyhawthorne said...

You nailed it on the pocket!

Cute nightie/dress too.

Barbara C said...

Lovely delicate stitching on the pocket. How fun to have a granddaughter to sew for.