June 16, 2015

Suz: Pocket

It's all about the pocket! In my class with Karen, I've constructed a pocket, using the Broderie Anglais I embroidered as well as some wild, pink batik fabric I love.
Here's the front:
 The back:

I like the way the pattern of the batik shows through the Broderie Anglais

 A closer look at the applique with cast-on stitch edging

as I fold back the front flap, you can see some of the pink batik lining and a large white pocket with buttonhole lace edging. On that pocket is a smaller, pink batik one.

And on the pink pocket is the lace I made and embellished. It, too, has a buttonhole lace edging.

The pattern of the batik shows through the white.







a closer look at the lace

I like the way the batik peeks through the openings, as well as the tiny holes in the lace.




I've already started another pocket. Is this the start of a new obsession?

I hope you've had a pleasant and creative week.

Hugs from Suz

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Very pretty pockets. What size are they and are they for anything in particular?

desertskyquilts said...

I really like the applique. I never thought of doing such a thing.

Judy S. said...

You're just having all sorts of fun, aren't you? Love the pockets and sure hope you're planning to put them on something! You are SO creative!!

Suztats said...

LadyH the pocket is 14.5" by 11.5". I think I might use it to hold my broderie anglais pieces, but I haven't decided yet.
Judy- yes, I am having fun! It's one big white pocket with a fold-over top flap. So far I just like looking at it, and fondling that lace......lol

Leigh said...

I used to do a lot of embroidery. Pockets are a lovely way to get some pizzaz on an outfit. Great idea.

Cyra said...

I absolutely adore your pocket Suz. And that lovely 'pop' of colour on the batik really sets the whole piece.
Love, love, love the FME. You rock girl!

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone! I am pleased with pocket #1.