June 10, 2015

Suz: Late

Sorry this is late, but I do have some results to show.........
At Karen's class, I've learned how to make FME lace!
This is my first FME piece of lace.


I flipped it because I liked the pink showing through the back side better.














Adding titivations........

a few more 








I think this one is finished........
A second piece of lace. The openings looked like a koala bear face to me, so I had to try and disguise it.........
This lace piece is almost finished....just a few tweaks to add........










The Broderie Anglais is coming along, too, with more flowers stitched and some batik strips behind the pretty lace. Lots more to add, yet. I'm really enjoying this class!
Thanks, and have a great week!
Hugs from Suz

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

You make such interesting creations!

ladyhawthorne said...

Now that's cool!

Moira said...

Interesting process and results!

cq4fun said...

I have no idea what FME stands for, and looking up FME lace only got me La Femme lace bodices. Still, the pieces you've shown are interesting, and I can see that you did a lot of work on it. I like the bottom one very much.

Suztats said...

Sorry, FME stands for free motion (machine) embroidery, so I'm creating lace by stitching with the feed dogs down and the foot removed. I've been using a base of organza.