June 2, 2015

Suz: June is Here

June is here and I've been busy trying to tame, nurture, and plant the different garden beds. We had heavy rains over the weekend, and my tomato plants look as though they've been run over by a truck.......I hope they survive an thrive.
Sorry I was absent last week, but I had no work to show.
On the stitching front, I've added some beginnings to wrapping cloth piece #13, creating 4 pockets. You can clearly peek at two open ones in this photo. Pocket number three is created with the lace over the wild fabric, which is pocket number 4.

More embellishment is planned for each of the pockets.














   this bit of cutwork needs some bullions, I think












 I've begun my class with Karen Ruane :
"Embroidered Pockets, Human Cloth"  and we began with creating doodles. Now, I doodle when I'm on the phone, but I've not doodled before with the purpose of recreating those doodles in stitch.

I used parts of a stencil to create my 1st doodle

then I simplified it a little






















then I created another variation
 
my first stitched doodle is the greenery-- the leaves and stem, which I like very much, but which I thought would overpower the delicate flowers  




I began my second stitched doodle on a piece of broderie anglais

adding needle tatted Josephine Knot cascades in the center


I like the way they look










I've added more flowers and leaves and plan to add more embroidery in white
Meanwhile, I've caught the doodling bug and have been spending many happy hours with pen, stencils, and doodles.

Here I played with a hexagon stencil. Who knew so many interesting shapes could be created just using hexagons!?

I'm off to doodle and stitch.

Hope you've had a creative week.

Hugs from Suz




5 comments:

cq4fun said...

I've never seen Josephine Knots, that I recall. I'm going to look that up. Those are so pretty!

Suztats said...

It's a tatting stitch cq4fun, but you can get the same effect with a grouping of cast-on stitch flowers.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love your doodles and the greenery you stitched, the colors are wonderful.

Barbara C said...

Your doodling and stitching look like lots of fun. Your samples are very pretty and your class sounds great.

Moira said...

Interesting doodles, will enjoy watching you develop those further.