Lots more sewing on the commissioned sewing has been happening in the last week. 6 more scrub tops were completed. And then all 14 were shipped off yesterday. Am hoping that I'll get a check back by sometime next week.....altho know past history it may be 2-3 wks before I actually receive payment.
Meanwhile I've started on the blouses and house-dresses that are cut out because I needed a break from doing the scrub tops. Will get the final two scrubs done before sending off the next shipment (after I receive payment!), just needed to actually sew something different for a change of pace. First two of them are in process and almost finished with just the yoke to finish on one of them. Worked on the two at the same time because they were from the same fabric and thereby used the same thread.
I've also started putting together a set of four blocks that were made for me (with fabric I supplied). These blocks will end up in a quilt for Sunshine and go to a kid somewhere in the world. And in addition I'm working on a tutorial for the block that i'm using as alternate blocks, aka the setting blocks of the quilt.
The alternate block is one I've used before by paper-piecing it, but this time I needed too many to do that with. So I figured out how to quickly piece it and then square it up with very little fabric wasted. Have the pics for the tutorial and hope to get that written after I actually get the post for the final corner of the border on my mystery quilt written today. Quilt top has been done but I haven't had time to write the instructions up. Funny thing tho is a coworker at the store has been asking when i'm going to get it done because she wants to know how it is finished. =)
Lots of other stuff going on with needing to hunt for a better paying job as well and working extra hrs at the store during the summer. Meanwhile I've sent in the application for my drivers ed instructor certification and am hoping that comes through quickly. Haven't got a clue tho if it will since it's from the state.