June 23, 2015

Moira - Finishes

Here is a pic of my finished mystery quilt that I'd been posting instructions for on my blog the first 5 months of the year.   Finally got the instructions up for the final corner of the border this past week so now you can see a pic of it.

Also finished up was a quilt top that will be going to Sunshine Quilts.   The four blocks were made by a gal on another list and used a FQ that I sent her.   I made the setting blocks and did the layout.  The quilt finished up at 48" square.

I've also been doing lots more sewing on the commissioned sewing.   Mailed off a box filled with 14 scrub tops and payment for that is in the mail to me.    Have finished up the remaining 2 scrub tops, and 4 of the blouses/house-dresses.   9 more cut out and am about 3/4's done with one of those.  

And par for the course with this customer, I've also received a box full of fabric for more garments (mainly scrubs) - 18 more to be precise.   Also found out that she's changed her mind about about half of the flannel I had for her and she no longer wants it.   So I get to 'keep' it or donate it.   Thinking I might offer it for Sunshine quilt backings because I don't want to use it.

Have also started into my job search and am getting ready to complete an application for a job in TN and one in TX as well.   Keeping my eyes out for other possibilities as well.   And working lots of hrs at the store as well.  Have also been certified for Drivers  Ed, and am just waiting on the license for that.....I guess one of these days things will slow done some.....maybe.




7 comments:

cq4fun said...

No, you know things aren't going to slow down. =) Best of luck in the job search. Keep making beauties like these two while you wait for news.

ladyhawthorne said...

Both quilt tops are gorgeous, I especially love the design on the orange one.

Are all those scrubs for one person to use?

Barbara C said...

Both quilts are really dynamic: nice work. It sounds like you're busier than ever. That's a lot of sewing you've done.

Cyra said...

In amongst all the things you make and stuff you do, I suppose you do find time to sleep yes?

Moira said...

Yup, the scrubs are all for one person. And these aren't even all I've done over the course of the last 5 yrs.....

Suztats said...

You are one busy lady! I like both the quilts, and the movement in them. Best of luck with your job search.

Moira said...

Sleep what's that.....lol......Actually I do get some. This fall, once school starts back up might be a different story tho.