May 5, 2015

Moira - Finished donation tops

In the last few days before heading back to work I managed to get a couple of quilt tops finished off for toddlers.  Both will be heading out to be finished off by someone else for Sunshine quilts,  

Pic of the top one is a little misleading on color because the blues are closer to the same color, but I do admit they are different.

the bottom quilt started with 5 blocks made by a gal who also makes stuff for Sunshine with a FQ I had.  I then played around with a setting that I'd seen somewhere and can't remember at the moment.

Have started another quilt for Sunshine as well from a stack of pastels and white pin-dots.  Am using an almost tone-on-tone yellow & white chevron fabric for the neutral in it.  No pics of it this week, maybe next week.

Did get 8 tops boxed up and mailed out  to a gal who quilts a lot for Sunshine.   It will be nice to see those finished up and not sitting around here.  All had been finished in months prior so no pics of them here.

4 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Great bold colors and I really like the mod setting on the green one.

desertskyquilts said...

I don't think it matters that the blues are different. You got a lot done!

Suztats said...

Both the designs are interesting, and I really like the movement in quilt #1. You are a sewing fiend ;-)

Barbara C said...

Good work producing so many charity quilts. I agree with you, it's good to see them out in the world comforting people who need them.