May 12, 2015

Judy~Late Posting but Busy Singing with a Bit of Sewing and Knitting Thrown In

Our choir is in the last week of preparing for our Messiah concert Friday and Saturday evenings, and for some reason, I agreed to sew 10 chair pockets for Jubilee Reach , a local non-profit started by our church. The pockets are done and turned in, but I forgot to take a photo.  Oh well, I did finish two other things, one a new project and the other, a very old one.


This is the last Top This! hat for a while.  Look who sneaked it on while big brother was busy doing a puzzle with Opa. Do you think BB noticed?


Finally, this pair of socks is done. The pattern is Spring Forward and the yarn is Blue Moon Socks that Rock. (Falcons Eye)


And here is Little Miss in HER hat.


After this weekend things should get back to normal, at least for a little while. Have a good week! Wish us luck!

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Those hats are just too cute and so are the kiddos.

cq4fun said...

A lot of knitting. By chair pockets, exactly what do you mean? I can think of several possibilities, but just not sure which one.

Judy S. said...

They were made of upholstery fabric and fit over a typical classroom chair with a pocket to hold notebooks, etc.

Suztats said...

Love those hats! The socks look nice and lacy, and my goodness-10 chair pockets, too! You've been busy.

Moira said...

Love the hats!

I've had lots of teachers come into the store and getting fabric for the chair pockets like you made. Were they easy to do?

Judy S. said...

Yes, they were a pretty quick project, but I received a bag with all the pieces cut and serged which I am sure saved me oodles of time! (Some other volunteers had spend a day cutting and serging.) It took me a couple of afternoons to do the sewing. I have heard that it helps the kids stay organized.