May 19, 2015

Cyra - Fluffy scarf

Hi everyone.
Did ya miss me.... things have gone a bit busy here at Lewis Acres and I'm sorry I've not been popping in here to update you on my stitcheries.
Truth is that I haven't had time to do anything other than my major artwork that is for the IFFFG (International Free Form Fiberart Guild) which goes in a book and an online gallery next month, and once again, I am editing the book.
I will share it with you when it has all 'gone-live' but until then, no one but me sees all the entries.

Farm 'stuff' is also keeping me on my toes, but yesterday I was urgently in need of a little crochet therapy to brush away the stress, and I created this little fluffy scarf/neck warmer made from stitching with four yarns at once and a huge hook.


A Fluffy scarf - (for a fluffy brain)

I might add some tassels or beads to the ends later.

The four yarns used are pictured here.
An eyelash yarn, a 'hairy' yarn, a dishcloth cotton and a wool yarn.





5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

That's a beautiful blue and the different yarns together make it totally unique!

Suztats said...

That's a very pretty and unique scarf, Cy. I like to mix different yarns and fibers together, too, to make 'designer' scarves. Those that weren't claimed by family and friends made their way to the second hand shops or to clothing programs.

cq4fun said...

What an interesting combination of fibers! The result is just beautiful. Take a breath once in a while. =)

Moira said...

Great look with all of those fibers. Enjoy using it!

Cyra said...

Here in New Zealand we are in autumn at the moment, so this scarf will be in use over the next couple of months through winter.