May 5, 2015

Angela ~ Autumn Started, Good or Bad Colors?


I've been busy with the gardening and some jewelry orders so this is as much as I have done on Autumn. 

According to the pattern the colors for the borders were very red, orange, gold and in my mind did not go with the other 3 seasons very well.  I looked at the greens used in Autumn and picked out 2.  Now I'm not sure I like the outer one which has a lot of yellow.  

Help please, I need some other opinions.  Should I wait until I finish the piece to decide?  Should I frog out the yellow outer border and replace it with something closer the the others?  Should I replace it with the same color I used on the inner border?

Click on the photo to enlarge it and let me know your thoughts.

3 comments:

cq4fun said...

It is different, but it's autumn and that's an autumn color. I would wait and see how it looks with what's stitched in the middle. It won't be any harder to take out later, right? I have a feeling you might like it then.

Suztats said...

I agree. You can always change it later if you don't like it, right?

Barbara C said...

I agree with the others--wait to see how the center looks before you decide.