May 19, 2015

Angela ~ Autumn Berries

Autumn is coming along slowly as there's a lot of other stuff to be done right now, in between rainstorms that is.  
I love the colors of the berries.  I'm not sure what kind sets fruit in fall but they look like blackberries.

Speaking of blackberries, I finally received my plant order after 2 months, which included 2 thornless blackberry bushes!  At 3" tall it will be a while before I see berries but these are supposed to produce 2-3 times a year.  At the very least I won't have to deal with thorns.

3 comments:

Cyra said...

Mmmm, love blackberries. It's autumn over here now and I'm looking forward to seeing the colours on your project match the colours in real life here.

Suztats said...

I think autumn is my favourite time of year, so I'm looking forward to seeing more on this piece. The berries look good!

cq4fun said...

What fun to have thornless blackberries! I bought 6" plants and they grew fast. They blossomed the second year, but last year, the third year, was the first with a handful of fruit, and I wait to see what this year brings. I love the berries in that corner of the stitchery.