April 8, 2015

Moira - Oops...........

.......hmmm, all the good intentions I had did not get this post written on time.....oops.

I did manage to get some sewing done this week.   put together a set of 10 blocks that I had from a challenge into a top for Sunshine Quilts.  It finished out at 50" by 64" in size.

 Started working on the border for my mystery quilt.   There will be four different corner treatments.  The upper left and lower right will be chevrons and flying geese.   Still thinking about what to do with the lower right.   I want it to be along the lines of the one I've done, yet a different block.  I know, clear as mud right?
And last but not the least I started sorting the many piles of fabric that I've had laying around this place so that I can put them in the proper boxes.  (Stash is organized by color, theme, and type).    These piles are laying on the table for my mid-arm machine.  I've got more than this yet to sort and put up.

Have also been sorting out stuff to sell or donate.   Need to find time to deal with it......hmmmm, maybe when I'm off for surgery would be a good time to do that.

Retreat is next week so I've also started packing projects and what I'll need for sewing while there.  Will get eventually to the clothes.....lol

6 comments:

Cyra said...

Love your new quilt tops Moira, and good work on your stash tidying escapade.

ladyhawthorne said...

Great quilt tops, so very colorful! Enjoy your retreat!

cq4fun said...

I like the squares on the ends of the two rows to make this interesting setting in quilt top #1. I see your London top on the quilting machine!

Suztats said...

You've accomplished quite a lot! Nice quilt tops, Moira. I'm attracted to the colours in quilt #2.

Moira said...

Quilt #2 was what I made as I posted the parts of the mystery I designed and put on my blog. Love the colors and have a whole stash of them pulled for another quilt. =)

Those squares on the end came about because I couldn't calculate something correctly when I was figuring....lol....and I was too lazy to redo them. Much easier to just cut them to fit the middle strip. =)

Judy S. said...

Hope your retreat was fun and productive! I enjoy seeing your projects; they are always very beautiful!