April 14, 2015

Judy~ Stitching with Sophia

Serendipity, that's what it was!  Just before we left for Chicago and Sophia requested that I teach her how to embroider, Susan put a link on her blog to  Hoop-a-Loops ; so I ordered the Lil' Gala kit which arrived in time for me to take along. The kit included everything necessary for the project and was a perfect and simple introduction to straight stitching. Most importantly, Sophia loved doing it. She finished it before we left, and I told her I'd make her a little pillow with it. Here's the stitched apple. The pattern was marked on the fabric with the colors of thread to be used. (All the thread, a needle and hoop were included!)


Then Mom found another piece of fabric (leftover from Halloween costumes).  Sophia had caught on by then and printed her name on the cloth.  Then she chose the colors from the leftover apple thread and stitched her own name.


Here's the front side of the pillow and.....


here's the back.  I hope she likes it!

It's heading off back to Chicago very soon. BTW, I had as much fun as she did! Thanks, Susan!

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Awww, she did a great job! Love the bunny fabric too.

Suztats said...

What fun! Sophia created a lovely apple, and she's sure to love the pillow!

desertskyquilts said...

Awesome, Judy! I'm so glad you found it useful. I love them. To be honest, it would be just a relaxing thing to do when I'm stressed to the max - no decisions to make, just stitch! Sophia did a fabulous job (must be her good teacher who helped her be excellent) and I love that she took off with the next step on her own and made the signature - starting her right. (Might want to ink in the date?)

Cyra said...

A beautifully stitched apple, and such a lovely cushion. Sophia certainly did a good job.
Is this the start of a great stitching future for her.... I certainly hope so.

Moira said...

Great work by Sophia! Love how you put the pillow together.