April 28, 2015

Angela ~ Summer Cross Stitch is Done

We had some rainy days, thank the Lord, so I was able to finish the Summer square on my embroidery piece.
As with the other squares there is some embroidery that will have long stitches and I will wait until I am done with all four seasons to complete that part so the stitches do not get pulled.  On this square there are some vines and the bee wings to be added.
Seeing the whole thing from a bit of a distance I believe the red flowers are cosmos, not poppies as I originally thought.

I found these patterns on Pinterest and the images are not the best to work from but free fits my budget perfectly.  

When I don't have the color it calls it calls for I am improvising and using something close that I already have.  I have 5 boxes of DMC threads, I need to be using it and not buying more.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

It's beautiful! You've done a great job.

Suztats said...

Summer looks wonderful! Can't wait to see what autumn will look like!

Moira said...

Wonderful! Looking forward to seeing that you put in for Autumn

cq4fun said...

No one will ever know when they look at this beautiful stitchery that it wasn't done exactly to directions. I think you are so wise! Plus, it's beautiful.

Cyra said...

Looking good Angela. Free is definitely affordable and most appealing. Love how you have tackled the whole project like this, and a great way to use up your own stash.