March 17, 2015

Suz.............Middle of March



Here's lookin' at you!

It's bashful bunny-- a pincushion for the Fiber Fest


lots of buttonhole stitch, embroidery, and a bit of tatting

one droopy ear, and a pink pouffy tail

another pin cushion in white and blue

tatted leaves encircle the bottom section

blue bead fringe sets off the tatted bow

a fancy picot flower is set with a blue AB crystal on the top












I've made some progress on the Blackwork Butterfly, but mostly, I've done a lot of frogging..........My fourth try I finally got the upper right wing section finished with the correct-sized squares.........


now it's on to the bottom sections........
I've made a start.....





Last week I took my gelli plate to our Embroidery Guild meeting to demonstrate mono-printing on fabric.
As a result, some new fabric prints were made





and some more layers were added to my large gelli-printed cloth.

There are some interesting results.


A few more layers and some of these pieces will be added to the sewing pile.

I hope you've had some fun, creative time this week.

Hugs from Suz































 

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I really like those swirly prints and the bunny is too cute, love the eyelashes!

desertskyquilts said...

Both of your pincushions are wonderful, and that bunny is so timely for spring - and for Angela's post, too! The butterfly looks simply complicated. =) Wish I were in your guild. I'd love to see how that works.

Judy S. said...

You've been busy, Suz! Love those pin cushions. I'd love to watch you making one of those swirly prints!

Moira said...

Great work!

Suztats said...

The swirly prints are so quick and easy to do, and could probably be done on a piece of glass or plexi-glass. I took an expired credit/library/gift card and used a pair of scissors that cuts a pattern to create a 'comb'. After spreading the paint on the gelli plate/glass/plexiglass I combed a pattern into the paint, then pressed the fabric onto the design. It's fun and addictive.... ;-)