March 24, 2015

Suz--Waiting

My eyes are dim
I cannot see
I need lenses new
My specs should be.........
Arriving soon I hope, so I can see!
Ah, yes, blurry vision and double lines have made stitching the blackwork butterfly a frustrating series of stitching, frogging, and repeating.......so I have set it aside until my new lenses have arrived. Well, I could continue trying........I found I could see better if I have a strong, bright light behind my stitching and my magnifier in front, but I have to hold the work up to line it all up, and then I must close one eye (and likely stick my tongue out one side of my mouth...lol....for balance, you know....) but in the end decided it was much simpler to wait until my new prescription lenses arrive.
So, no stitching to show you this week.
In the meantime I've been painting the in-the-works-remodeled bathroom downstairs, and re-organizing my art room, as a new-to-the-art-room piece of furniture was added. I'm almost done...........
Hope you've had a more productive and creative week than I.
Hugs from Suz
 

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I hear you about specs, I have to have a bright light and my high powered readers. Give us a pic of your art room too when you're done.

Suztats said...

Will do, Angela.

Moira said...

I totally understand about the specs and needing a bright light behind your work....I once did a piece on navy aida and drove myself nuts for the same reason.

desertskyquilts said...

That sounds like frustrating stitching to me! Painting the bathroom and organizing things sounds more fulfilling. Hope the specs come soon!

Judy S. said...

I can understand your frustration! Hope the glasses come real soon. In the meanwhile, happy painting!

Cyra said...

Yes, the problem with eyes and glasses, is that we cannot do without them. It's a shame, but there ya go.
My problem lately though is my eyes, not my glasses. For the first half of every morning I am blurry. Once the blurriness has gone I'm ok for the rest of the day. Strange.

Suztats said...

Cy, you might try a preservative-free eye drop for dry eyes, and see if that makes any difference. I have a dry eye condition due to one of my autoimmune issues, but I was not using the drops as often as I should: this lead to blurriness. seeing double lines, and damage to some of the surface cells. Since I've been using the drops twice a day, the blurriness is much less. yay!